Antennas, FM Radio
Like their television counterparts, these are designed as building blocks to provide customized radiation patterns with high power capabilities.
- 903 Series - Used for multichannel Band II services (87.5 - 108MHz). Available with horizontal, vertical or circular polarization. Ideally suited to three sided arrays.
- 904 Series - Used for multichannel Band II services (87.5 - 108MHz). This panel has horizontal and vertical dipoles and can be configured for horizontal, vertical or circular polarization. Ideally suited to four sided arrays.
- 828 Series - Broadband antennas providing circular polarization with an approximately omnidirectional pattern. A reflector element can be incorporated to provide a more directional pattern where such coverage is desired.
- 902 Series - CP Yagi antennas providing circular or elliptical polarization.
- SL1 and 818 Series - Vertically polarized antenna suitable for low wind load, low power applications.
- CPF Series - Circularly polarized single channel antenna with low wind load – a low cost solution for low to medium power levels.
Radio Frequency Systems provides an extensive range of products for television broadcasting.
These are designed as building blocks to provide customized radiation patterns with or without beam tilt and null fill for specific coverage requirements. These arrays are suitable for multi-station use and have high power ratings which is essential where multichannel operation is required. Their versatility also means that they can be used as single components for simple transposer systems. Panel arrays are available for the following bands:
606L Series - Used for high power, broadband VHF services (44 - 88MHz) with either horizontal or vertical polarization. Ideally suits four sided arrays. 607L Series - Similar to the 606 series but has a broader beam designed for triangular arrays.
655, 656, 659, 660 Series - Used for high power, broadband VHF services (174 - 230MHz) with either horizontal, vertical or circular (model 662) polarization. Ideally suits four sided arrays and Band III DTV and/or DAB. 657, 658 Series - Used for single or dual channel services (174 - 230MHz) with horizontal polarization. Designed for triangular towers.
Band IV and V
PHP and PVP series - Used for high power, broadband UHF services (470 - 860MHz). The PHP is horizontally polarized whilst the PVP is vertically polarized. Both cover the full band. Designed for four or five sided arrays but can be designed for a variety of configurations. These antennas are ideally suited for DTV by providing the ultimate in flexibility.
Slots and Dipole Arrays
The antennas available in this range include:
Horizontally polarized wideband slot antennas used for UHF services with power handling up to 160kW.
Horizontally polarized slot antennas used for multichannel UHF services with power handling up to 1.3kW.
Vertically polarized dipole arrays used for multichannel UHF services. Ideally suited to translator services as they are fully sealed and self-contained.
Other supporting antennas for television which RFS provide include Yagis and log periodics (Bands I and III) and Grid kit parabolic antennas (UHF)
Super turnstile UHF Antenna
A new ultra-slim and lightweight super turnstile UHF broadcast antenna supports the entire US and European UHF bands (470 to 862 MHz). This antenna exhibits pattern circularity that competing, higher priced point antennas struggle to achieve. The profile of our new super turnstile is less than that of competing UHF broadband antennas. This has resulted in a significant reduction in wind loading and weight, providing broadcasters with enormous flexibility when considering installation on existing loaded towers.